1 pkt firm tofu - drained and cut into cubes
1 eggplant - sliced
1 pkt brown beech mushroom - ends trimmed and separated
1/2 lb ground pork
2 cloves garlic - chopped
1 tsp ginger - minced
1 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp huatiao wine
1 tbsp oyster sauce 1 tbsp soy sauce
salt to taste
pinch of pepper
drizzle of sesame oil
- Pan fry tofu till golden brown. Set aside.
- Steam the sliced eggplant till tender. Set aside.
- Heat up oil in wok, saute the mushrooms till aromatic. Dish up and set aside.
- Add a little oil and saute the garlic and ginger for a while.
- Add in minced pork and stir fry for a while.
- Drizzle huatiao wine, soy sauce and oyster sauce and do a quick stir fry.
- Transfer pork mixture to a pot. Add in tofu, eggplant, mushroom and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir in cornstarch solution and drizzle sesame oil.
- Ladle into a serving plate and serve warm with rice.