goji vegetables - leaves plucked and washed
handful of goji berries
small pc lean meat - sliced thinly
small pc pig's liver - sliced thinly
chicken stock or veg stock
3 slices ginger
salt to taste
1/2 tsp sesame oil
Seasonings for lean meat
dash of pepper
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp huatiao wine
1/2 tsp cornstarch
Add rice wine to pig's liver and soak for 1 hour, then drain
Add cornstarch and water to soak it for another hour or more.
Bring a pot of water to boil. Blanch the liver for 1 minute. Drain and set aside
- Marinate lean pork with seasonings for 1 hour or more.
- Boil chicken stock and ginger in a pot. Add the marinated meat and cook for 1 minute.
- Add goji leaves, goji berries and salt to the soup and boil for 1 minute.
- Add blanched liver to the soup and continue to boil till liver is just cooked and tender.
- Drizzle sesame oil and serve warm.