Hubby is great at stir-fries. This hakka stir-fry is no exception....super yummy.....more rice please!
200g pork belly - cut into strips
2 pieces of dried wuxiang beancurd - cut into strips
1 cuttlefish - soaked in warm water to soften it, drained, then cut into strips
12 dried prawns - soaked in water and drained.
1 bunch chinese celery - use stem only, cut into strips
4 dried chillies - soaked in warm water to soften and cut into strips
(use 1 fresh red chilli if availiable)
2 cloves garlic
pinch of sugar to taste
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine
- Add a little oil to a large pan. Fry the pork belly over medium low heat till lightly brown and aromatic. Add tofu strips and cuttlefish and fry till tofu is slightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- With the remaining oil, fry the dried prawns till slightly aromatic. Add the shallots and garlic and dried chillies and fry for a while more. Add more oil if it is enough.
- Return pork belly mixture to the pan. Switch to high heat.
- Drizzle sauce and do a quick stir fry. Add sugar and a little water and fry to mix well.
- Add celery stalk and green onion and fry for a while more.
- Dish up and serve warm.