1 cup rice
1 cup water
1 bowl of cubed peeled pumpkin
1 tsp dried prawns - soaked and drained
1 chinese sausage - cut into small slices
1 small pc dried salted fish - diced
1 shitake mushroom - soaked, drained and diced
2 cloves garlic - chopped
1 shallot - chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan and fry dried prawns, chinese sausage and salted fish until fragrant. Remove from pan.
- With the remaining oil, fry the chopped garlic and shallot till fragrant.
- Add pumpkin and mushrooms and fry for 1 - 2 minutes. Add rice and dried prawn mixture. Fry and mix well.
- Drizzle soy sauce and do a quick stir fry.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer rice mixture to a rice cooker. Add water and cook as normal.
- When cooked, transfer to serving plate and serve warm.