1 lb salmon fillet
1 cup dry sake
1/2 cup mirin (i replace with 1/2 cup sake and 1 tsp white sugar)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 tbsp miso paste
- Add sugar and sake in a pot and heat it till lightly warm. Turn off heat and let sugar slowly dissolved.
- Add miso paste into the pot and stir to combine well. Let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Place the salmon into a large bowl. Pour the marinade into the bowl and mix well. Cover and let it steep. Refrigerato for 4 - 6 days.
- Before broiling, remove excess marinade on the fish pieces.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, then set to broil the salmon (skin side up) for 8 - 12 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with rice.