recipe adapted from here
1 purple yam - peeled and cut into small cubes
1 small piece of snow fungus - soaked to soften it, then drained
rock sugar to taste
2 pandan leaves - knotted
- Clean white fungus. Trim the thick part away and tear it into small pieces.
- Bring 2 bowls of water to a boil in a pot. Add pandan leaves, yam and.white fungus and bring to a boil again.
- Turn heat down and simmer for about 15 minutes or until yam is tender.
- Add rock sugar and stir till melted.
- Remove pandan leaves and serve warm.