1 medium-sized pumpkin (use 1/4 of it) - peeled, remove seeds and cut into large cubes
4 small slices of fish fillet
12 mussels - washed and cleaned
8 squid rings
6 prawns - peeled and deveined, with tail intact
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
3 tbsp dessicated coconut
1/2 cup coconut milk
few slices of ginger
2 cloves garlic - unpeeled and lightly mashed
2 stalk lemongrass - white part only, lightly mashed
1 star anise
1 tsp coriander seeds - lightly pound
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat up a pan on medium low heat. Lightly fry the grated coconut till aromatic and lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Heat up oil in a pan. Saute the onion, ginger, garlic and lemongrass till aromatic.
- Add cubed pumpkin. Drizzle soy sauce and oyster sauce and do a quick stir fry.
- Pour in coconut milk and stock. Add star anise and coriander seeds. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes or until pumpkin is slightly tender. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer pumpkin mixture to a claypot. Add dessicated coconut, fish slices, mussels, squid rings and prawns.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the mussels have opened up and all ingredients are cooked.
- Drizzle shaoxing wine along the claypot cover and continue to simmer for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat and serve immediately.