Friday, March 2, 2018
Steamed Rice Cake (蒸米糕)
Recipe adapted from bakingoncloud9.blogspot.com
Ingredients200g rice flour (i used 2 cups)
200ml coconut milk
160ml boiling water
2 tsp double-acting baking powder
100g sugar (i used 1/2 sugar)
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1. Sift rice flour and 1 tsp baking powder.
2. Combine rice flour and coconut milk and mix well.
3. Add boiling water, mix well and set aside to cool.
4. When cool, stir in 1 tsp baking powder and set aside for 1 hour.
5. Add sugar and vanilla essence in batter and mix well.
6. Line aluminium cups with paper and arrange on steamer tray.
7. Pour batter in cups until 90% full and leave to rise for 30 minutes
8. Steam over rapidly boiling water for about 15 minutes.
Notes Cakes was tasty but a bit dense. Maybe substitute some rice flour for all purpose flour or cake flour.