1 lb pork ribs
1 medium sized onion - peeled and chopped
2 cloves of garlic - peeled and chopped
1 large carrot - cut into large chunks
1 celery stalk - cut into short length
1 sprig rosemary
few pieces of dried bay leaves
2 cups of dry red wine
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 cups of pork broth
salt and pepper to taste
- Season ribs with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Pan fry ribs until browned. Set aside.
- Saute onions and garlic until lightly wilt. Add carrot and celery to pan and cook over medium heat, stirring often.
- Add tomato paste and stir to mix well.
- Add ribs and red wine and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add rosemary and bay leaves.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Switch to low heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until ribs are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm.