1 medium size yam - peeled and thinly sliced
1 block of firm tofu - mashed
some finely chopped carrot
salt and pepper to taste
five spice powder to taste
vegetable oil for deep frying
- Steam sliced yam till soft. Mash it up and add salt, pepper and five spice powder. Mix to combine well.
- Mash the tofu in a coriander and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Combine mashed tofu with yam and chopped carrot and mix well.
- Add flour by tablespoons so that a pliable tofu yam dough is made.
- Take a small portion and form into balls. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Heat up oil in pot. Fry the tofu balls in batches till golden brown.
- Drain of excess oil and serve immediately with chili dipping sauce or tomato sauce.