For the chicken
1 chicken (butterflied and use half)
1 stalk green onions
half stalk lemongrass bruised
2 slices ginger
3 cloves garlic
- Heat up water in a pressure cooker. Put tripod stand inside the pot. Place chicken in a metal plate and place on the trivet.
- Cover the pressure cooker and cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and continue to leave pot on the stove for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from stove and leave cover on for another 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and when slightly cooled, rub salt and sesame oil all over chicken.
- Chopped into pieces and serve with rice and soup.
For the chicken stock
1 chicken bone (from the spine only)
2 pcs dang gui
1 small pc american gingseng (hua qi sheng)
1 tsp gan cao
half lemongrass - bruised
1 tbsp wolfberries (washed)
2 tbsp cong cao hua (soak for 15 min and discard water)
handful of chopped parsley for garnish
- Put all ingredients in a pot of boiling water in a pressure cooker. Cook over medium high heat for 20 minutes. When cooled, sieve all other ingredients except ginseng and dang gui.
- Slice the ginseng into pieces.
- Put the soup, sliced ginseng, dang gui, wolfberries and cong cao hua back into the same pot and boil for another 20 to 30 minutes over low heat.
- Ladle into serving bowls and serve the tasty and nutritious soup with chopped parsley.
- Enjoy the chicken rice meal.