half chicken - chopped into pieces
1/3 medium sized pumpkin - cut into large cubes
1 packet roasted chestnuts
1 tsp chopped ginger
1 tsp chopped galric
1 tsp chopped shallot
5 dried red chili or chili flakes to taste
2 bay leaves
sprinkle of dried oregano and sage
salt and pepper to taste
water for braising
chopped fresh parsley
- Season chicken with some salt and pepper.
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil in pan. Brown chicken and set them aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil in a pot and fry ginger, garlic and shallot till aromatic.
- Add pan fried chicken pieces to the pot. Add roasted chestnuts, dried chilli, bay leaves, dried oregano and sage.
- Layer pumpkin cubes on top of the chicken pieces.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, low heat and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes or till pumpkin is tender.
- Add chopped fresh parsley and toss to mix well.
- Ladle into a serving bowl and serve warm.