recipe adapted from here
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1;4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups diced apples (abt 2 medium apples)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 quart vanilla for topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9 inch round cake pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar well with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in apples and walnuts. Spoon into baking pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes . Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes longer.
- Serve warm with ice cream if desired.