1 lb pork belly
4 eggs - boiled and peeled
1 packet medium soft tofu - sliced into large cubes
2 slices ginger
4 cloves garlic
1 star anise
1 pc dang gui
1 pc cinnamon stick
3 pcs chuan xiong
3 pcs gan cao
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Blanch pork belly in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up oil in pan. Fry pork belly, skin side down.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour the oil from pan into a pot and heat up the oil.
- Fry spices for a while. Add rock sugar and let it melt slightly, stirring for a few minutes.
- Add pork belly and toss to coat.
- Drizzle sauce and do a quick stir fry. Add water.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer over medium low heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove braised pork belly from pot and set aside.
- Add tofu and eggs into the pot and braised for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pot and let cool slightly.
- Slice pork belly, eggs and tofu and place on serving plate.
- Serve with garlic chili sauce and a bowl of warm rice.