6 chicken drumsticks (deboned)
1 tbsp shaoxing wine
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp ginger juice
1 tsp sesame oil
pinch of 5-spice powder
1 tsp minced garlic
salt and white pepper to taste
oil for deep frying
greaseproof paper (cut to required pieces for wrapping each piece)
- Chop drumsticks into 2 parts. Marinate with seasonings for at least 5 hours or more.
- Lightly brush the centre of the paper and place each piece of meat onto the centre.
- Wrap chicken pieces into parcels.
- Heat up oil on high. Place wrapped chicken pieces into oil and fry on medium high for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and fry until meat is cooked.
- Drain fried chicken of excess oil with sieve and paper towel.
- Unwrap chicken and enjoy.