recipe adapted from here
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon instant espresso or 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules, divided
5 tablespoons butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt or substitute with slightly less 2/3 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat baking pan with melted butter, and dust with 2 teaspoons flour.
- Combine brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon espresso powder in a small bowl.
- Place the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave at HIGH for 1 minute or until butter melts.
- Add granulated sugar, stirring with a whisk. Add eggs; stir well. Stir in yogurt, vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
- Lightly spoon 1 1/3 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Add flour and 1 tsp espresso powder, stirring just until blended (do not overstir).
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan, and sprinkle with half of the brown sugar mixture.
- Carefully spread remaining batter over brown sugar mixture, and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Cut into slices.