1 lb black cod
1 cup dry sake
1 cup mirin (i replace with 1/2 cup sake and 1 tsp white sugar)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 tbsp miso paste
- Add brown sugar and sake in a pot and heat it till lightly warm. Turn off heat and let sugar slowly dissolved.
- Add miso paste into the pot and stir to combine well. Let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Place the black cod into a large bowl. Pour the marinade into the bowl and mix well. Cover and let it steep. Refrigerato for 3 - 5 days.
- Before grilling, remove excess marinade on the fish.
- Preheat weber to 450 degrees F,
- Place fish in basket and grill 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill and serve warm with rice.