3/4 lb boneless pork - cut into cubes
6 unpeeled purple potatoes - scrubbed and halved
1 carrot - peeled and cut into cubes
2 shallots - peeled and sliced
2 cloves garlics - peeled and chopped
2 slices ginger
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Seasonings for pork
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp huatiao wine
1 tsp sesame oil
- Add oil to heated pan. Fry shallots, garlic and ginger till aromatic.
- Add marinated pork and fry over high heat. Add water, cover and cook for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and carrot and continue to simmer over medium heat for another 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in cornstarch solution to thicken the sauce.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm with rice.