1 lb pork butt - sliced into thick strips
1 baguette roll - sliced
jalapeno chilies or fresh red chilies
handful of cilantro leaves
Seasonings for pork
1/4 cup minced lemongrass
1-1/2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
dash of ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic - minced
2 shallots - minced
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
- Use the back of a knife to lightly pound on the pork strips. Marinate with the seasonings for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat weber grill to high. Remove marinade from pork and place them onto the grill.
- Grill until the pork strips are lightly charred on both sides.
- Remove grilled pork and set aside in a bowl. Lightly cover with aluminium foil and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spread mayonnaise on the inside of the baguette and assemble with the pickled cucumber, chili, grilled pork, pickled carrots and daikon. Top if off with a handful of cilantro leaves.
- Enjoy the yummy and bountiful meal!