10 slices pork belly - cut into 3 cm width
1 small head cabbage
1 red bell pepper - remove seeds and cut into bite-sized pcs
1 red chilli - sliced
2 cloves garlic - peeled and chopped
2 stalks green onion (separate white and green part) - sllced diagonally
2 tbsp shaoxing wine (紹興料酒)
1 1/2 tbsp szechuan hot bean paste (辣豆瓣醬)
1 tbsp sweet wheaten sauce (甜麵醬)
1 tsp dark soy sauce
- Heat up pan and fry the pork belly strips till brown on both sides. Set aside.
- Use 2 tbsp of the lard oil and heat it up in a wok.
- Fry the white part of the green onion, red chilli and the chopped garlic till lightly fragrant.
- Add cabbage and bell pepper and fry for 1 - 2 minutes. Drizzle shaoxing wine and do a quick stir fry.
- Return pork belly to the wok. Add hot bean paste and sweet wheaten sauce and fry to mix well.
- Add green part of green onion and dark soy sauce and do a quick stir fry.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm with rice.