Recipe adapted from here
2 organic eggs (at room temperature)
You will need:
dark soy sauce and white pepper (the Chinese style)
- Remove 2 eggs from fridge and put aside. Measure 450ml of water and place into a 18cm pot and bring to the boil.
- Once water is boiling, turn off the heat and place eggs into the water. You can use a spoon to lower the eggs gently into the water, one at a time. Place the lid on.
- Using a cloth/dishtowel (which has been folded several times), tilt the pan slightly (ie place the cloth under the pot so that it tilts slightly and the eggs are submerged 75% in the water.
- Start your stopwatch or set the timer for 11 minutes during warmer season and 12 minutes during colder season.. Leave eggs to sit in water for the stipulated time, then remove and serve with condiments of your liking. Perfect eggs everytime!
- If making 1 egg only, use 300ml of water and cook for the same time duration.