5 eggs (i use free range organic)
250ml coconut milk
180 to 200g sugar
5 large fresh pandan leaves (for juicing)
- Use a wheatgrass juicer to extract the pandan juice.
- Break eggs into a bowl. Add sugar. Whisk them together till the sugar is dissolved.
- Using a small pan, warm up the coconut milk slightly so that the cooking time can be reduced.
- Pour the egg mixture, coconut milk and pandan juice extract into a medium sized pot.
- Bring a big pot of water to boil.
- Place the medium-sized pot into the large pot and double boil the mixture.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and use a whisk to stir occasionally.
- The kaya mixture will get thicker and lumpy after 30 minutes or longer depending on the pots used.
- To get a smoother texture, pour the mixture into a blender and blend slightly. If it turns too watery, put the mixture back into the pot and double boil again for a few minutes to slightly thicken it up.
- Enjoy the flavourful kaya jam with toasted bread and butter. Delicious