2 pieces of bird's nest (already cleaned of feathers etc)
4 pieces hua qi sheng (about 3cm in length, sliced)
8 red dates
handful of wolfberries
10 pieces of winter melon sugar strip
2 cups water
- Wash and soak the bird's nest in a bowl of water for about 30 mins or till it is softened.
- Drain and put in an electric claypot slow cooker.
- Boil two cups of water and pour the water into the slow cooker.
- Add sliced hua qi sheng, red dates, wolfberries and winter melon sugar strips.
- Simmer on low for about 5 - 8 hours.
- Ladle into serving bowls and serve warm.