8 mussels - cleaned
20 clams - cleaned
8 large prawns - cleaned and deveined
4 slices of cod fish - cut into big chunks
2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
1 cup blended fresh tomato sauce
2 tomatoes - chopped into small pieces
sprinkle of dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup white wine
1/2 cup fish stock
small bunch of parsley - chopped
1 medium sized onion - diced
1 big shallot - sliced
4 cloves garlic - chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat up olive oil in a large pan. Saute shallots till lightly browned, add onions and continue to saute till lightly translucent.
- Add chopped garlic, chopped parsley, dried oregano, chilli flakes and continue to saute till garlic is fragrant.
- Add chopped tomatoes and bay leaves and continue to fry till tomatoes are soften.
- Pour in blended tomato sauce, white wine and fish stock. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add mussels and clams to the pan. Cover and cook until the mussels and clams begin to open.
- Add the prawns and fish. Cover and simmer gently until the fish and prawns are just cooked.
- Sprinkle some pepper and season the soup with more salt if necessary.
- Gently stir the sauce to mix well.
- Ladle into bowls and serve warm with a crusty bread.