1 can abalone
10 pcs fresh shitake mushrooms - wahsed and pat dry
2 cups chicken stock
small bunch of baby kailan
1 tsp chopped ginger
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp shaoxing wine
1 tbsp oyster sauce
some cornstarch solution
- Heat up oil in pan. Pan fry fresh mushrooms over medium heat.
- Add chopped ginger and continue to fry till ginger is aromatic.
- Drizzle wine and dark soy sauce and fry to mix well.
- Add chicken stock, oyster sauce and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Switch to medium heat and add whole abalone. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove abalone from pan and let cool.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add a little salt and sugar. Blanch vegetables for a few minutes.
- Drain and place on a serving plate.
- Slice the abalone into thin pieces. Place on serving plate.
- Arrange the mushrooms onto the serving plate as well.
- Add a little cornstarch to the remaining stock and reduce to a slightly thick gravy.
- Pour gravy over the ingredients and serve warm.