one large bowl sour plum
3 tbsp salt
1 big piece rock sugar
sugar to taste
- Soak sour plums in a large bowl of salted water for a few hours.
- Boil a big pot of water. Place the sour plum into the boiling water and cook for 1 minute.
- Use a sieve to remove the boiled sour plums and place them in bowl.
- Use a potato masher to mash the sour plums and remove the seeds.
- Pour away the water in the pot and place the mashed sour plums into it.
- Add rock sugar and sugar. Continue to cook over low heat till it thickens, stirring frequently to avoid it getting burnt.
- Ladle into sterilized glass jar and let cool.
- Once cooled to room temperature, store in refrigerator for use in various dishes.