70 - 80 cherry plum - washed and pitted
1-2 cup sugar or as preferred
sprinkle of ground cinnamon
water as needed
- Place the pitted cherries in a large pot. Add some water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and continue stirring to prevent it from burning.
- Let it simmer for about 30 minutes to an hour or until the mixture is slightly thick. I like the consistency of my jam to the thickness of it dropping by heaps within seconds when dropped from a ladle. Turn off heat.
- Sterilze the jars and lids in a pot of boiling water. Remove the sterilized jars from the pot using a tong.
- Ladle the jam into the jars leaving about 1.5 cm space on top. Cover with lid and let it cool.
- When cooled, store the bottle in the fridge and enjoy the jam.