4 cups fresh blueberries
2- 3 cups sugar or adjust accordingly to preference
sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- Place the blueberries in a large pot. Use a potato masher to mash it.
- Add sugar to the bowl and stir to mix. Let sit for a few hours.
- Bring the pot to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and continue stirring to prevent it from burning.
- Let it simmer for about 30 minutes to an hour or until the mixture is slightly thick. I like the consistency of my jam to the thickness of it dropping by heaps within seconds when dropped from a ladle. Turn off heat.
- Ladle the jam into the sterilized jars leaving about 1/4 inch space on top. Cover with lid and let it cool to room temperature.
- When cooled, place the bottles of jam in the fridge and enjoy the bountiful goodness!