1 large bowl fresh sour plums
water as needed
- Wash sour plums. Soak in salted water for a few hours.
- Rinse and place half of the sour plums in a sterilized bottle.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add pickling salt and stir. Turn off heat and let cool.
- Pour salted water into bottle and seal the cap.
- For the other half of the sour plums, blanch them in boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Place blanched sour plums into another sterilized bottle.
- Add pickling salted water and seal the cap.
- Store both bottles into the refrigerator for one year.
- The pickled sour plums can then be used in various dishes.
Kitchen Test: To blanch or not to blanch? The final product will be out in a year!