dried beancurd sheet (豆腐皮)
600g fatty minced pork
300g prawns - peeled, deveined and roughly chopped
400g yam - peeled, steamed and mashed
10 water chestnuts - peeled and chopped
3 tbsp fried shallot crisp
vegetable oil for frying
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp shaoxing wine/huatiao wine
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp 5-spice powder
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp fried shallot oil
1-1/2 tsp sesame oil
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, prawns, yam and water chestnuts. Mix well.
- Mix the seasonings in a small bowl.
- Add in fried shallot crisp to the pork mixture. Pour seasonings over the mixture and mix evenly.
- Lay out a piece of beancurd sheet. Cut it into rectangular pieces of 10cm by 13cm,
- Spoon pork mixture evenly onto the cut sheet near the edge end of the longer side. Roll all the way up and place the seam side down on a plate. Repeat for the rest.
- Prepare a steamer and place the wrapped rolls on a lightly greased metal plate. When water starts boiling, steam over medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes till just cooked.
- Leave to cool and dry on a rack. Cut the pork roll into pieces.
- Heat up oil in a frying pan. Fry over medium heat until brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm with some chilli sauce and pickled sliced ginger or pickled cucumber.