3 large eggs
1 cup water
3/4 tbsp soy sauce
sprinkle of salt
1 tsp fried shallot
1 tsp fried shallot oil
- Break eggs into a bowl. Beat the eggs until creamy.
- Add water and soy sauce and stir to mix well.
- Add a sprinkle of salt.
- Transfer egg mixture to a metal plate. Remove as much bubbles as you can.
- Heat up water in a wok and place a trivet inside the wok.
- When the water starts boiling, reduce heat to medium low.
- Place the metal plate onto the trivet. Cover the wok. Insert a metal spoon between the wok and the cover to let a little bit of steam escape so that it will not drip onto the egg mixture.
- Steam for about 5 to 8 minutes or until egg is just cooked.
- Test by using a spoon to lightly press onto the egg mixture.
- Remove from wok. Top with fried shallot and drizzle with the shallot oil.
- Enjoy the creamy streamed egg immediately.