(for 2 servings)
1 pkt fresh rice noodles - use 2/3 of it
6 mussels - soaked, washed and rid of sand etc
6 clams - soaked, washed and rid of sand etc
6 prawns - peeled, deveined with tail intact, marinate with 1/2 tsp ginger juice, a little salt and pepper
1 medium sized piece of squid - sliced criss-crossed and cut into pieces, marinate with 1 tsp ginger juice
1 medium sized lean meat - sliced thinly, marinate with 1/2 tsp huatiao wine, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp sesame oil, 1/4 tsp salt, dash of pepper and 1 tsp cornstarch
6 slices of fish - sliced thickly, marinate with 1 tsp rice wine, 1/2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp soy sauce, pinch of salt, dash of pepper and 1 tsp cornstarch
1 stalk green veg - i use baby gai lan
2 cups chicken stock
1 egg - use egg white only
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
pinch of white pepper
salt to taste
- Cut the rice noodles into large squares about 4cm x 4 cm. Separate them.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to the cast iron pan. Fry the rice noodles over high heat for 1- 2 minutes. Drizzle 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce.
- Do a quick stir fry and toss to mix well. Remove from pan and set aside on a large serving plate.
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil in a pot. Fry the minced garlic till fragrant. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add mussels and clams and cook for about 2 minutes or when the shells opened up, Remove from pot and set aside on the serving plate.
- Blanch the baby gai lan for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside on the serving plate.
- Add lean meat, prawns, squid and fish into the pot and bring to a boil again.
- Cook for 1 minute. Stir in egg white. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce and salt to taste. Add a pinch of white pepper.
- Stir in cornstarch solution to thicken the gravy.
- Pour over the pan fried rice noodles and serve warm with pickled green chillies.