Ingredients1 lb chicken breast (boned or deboned) - cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tomato - chopped
3 shallots - sliced
1 stalk lemongrass - white part only - chopped
2 tbsp dessicated coconut
2 tbsp thai red curry paste
1 tbsp sambal belachan
5 thai green chilli pepper
2 dried bay leaves
handful of thai basil leaves or sweet basil leaves
3/4 can coconut milk
3/4 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp cooking oil
- Wash chicken pieces and pat dry. Pound the shallots and chopped lemongrass.
- Heat up oil in a wok. Saute the shallot and lemongrass till aromatic.
- Add dessicated coconut and fry for 1 - 2 minutes or till aromatic.
- Add red curry paste and sambal belachan. Stir fry for a while.
- Add chopped tomato and fry for another 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and chilli pepper, bay leaves and basil leaves.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir to mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Simmer under medium heat for about 15 minutes or till chicken is cooked.
- Serve warm.