Ingredients3 lbs chicken
3/4 bottle red wine
3 slices of bacon
1 small stalk of leek - sliced
2 small sticks of carrot - cut into pieces
20 pearl onions - peeled
1 small packet of beech or button mushrooms
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp tomato puree
plain flour for coating chicken
1 tbsp chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken into big pieces. Pat dry. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Blanch the bacon in boiling water, then drain, pat dry and saute in a frying pan until golden. Lift out onto a plate. Cut the bacon into pieces.
- Melt a small piece of the butter in the pan, add the onions and saute until browned. Lift out and set aside.
- Add leek and fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- If the pan is too dry, add a little butter and add the mushrooms. Saute for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat up a little oil in the pan. Coat the chicken pieces with flour and fry till golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken to a large saucepan or casserole and add the onions, mushrooms, leek, bacon, carrot, bay leaves and tomato puree.
- Pour in the red wine. Cover and pressure cook for 12 minutes. Release pressure and let sit for another 3 minutes. Remove cover. If using normal cooker, cook for about 45 minutes under low heat or until meat is tender.
- Serve warm with some chopped parsley.