1 lb cod fish fillet - sliced
1 packet of soft tofu - cut into large pieces
1 tomato - cut into quarters
1 packet enoki mushrooms - base trimmed and roughly separate them
1 small piece of dried seaweed
2 slices ginger
1 clove garlic - unpeeled and lightly smashed
1 pot of ikan bilis stock or chicken stock
1 tbsp rice wine
1 tbsp soy sauce
dash of sesame oil
salt and pepper to taste
chopped green onions
1 tsp fried shallot oil
dash of pepper
- Marinate the cod fish fillet with seasonings for 30 minutes or more and set aside.
- Bring the pot of stock to boil. Add ginger and garlic and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add tofu, tomato, enoki mushrooms and bring to a boil again.
- Add fish slices and boil till fish is just cooked.
- Add seaweed and garnishings and serve warm.