An adaption of cooking indian style vegetable curry with some chinese style ingredients :)
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 yellow onion - sliced
2 shallots - sliced
1 tsp minced ginger
dash of paprika
2 carrots - cut into cubes
1 potato - cut into cubes
1 wedge of pumpkin - cut into cubes
1 bowl of cabbage - cut into pieces
handful of dried bean curd (tau kee)
1 small green bell pepper - cut into cubes
2 green chilies (i use red chili)
some toasted cashew nuts
2 cups coconut milk
salt to taste
2 tsp coriander - pound
2 tsp cumin - pound
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp water
- Heat up oil in a wok on medium heat. Fry the mustard seeds till they start to pop. Add onion, shallots and minced ginger and fry till fragrant.
- Add the paste and fry to mix well for another minute.
- Add carrot, potato and fried tau kee. Add coconut milk and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 6 to 8 minutes. Add pumpkin, cabbage, bell pepper and chillies. Mix well.
- Simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes or until all vegetables are cooked to desired tenderness.
- Add paprika and salt to taste. Sprinkle toasted cashew nuts and stir to mix.
- Serve warm with rice or noodles.