1/5 of a large fen si gua
3 dried shitake mushrooms - soaked, drained and cut into strips
2 tbsp dried prawns - washed and drained
1 red chili - cut into strips
2 cloves garlic - chopped
2 slices ginger
salt and pepper to taste
dash of sesame oil
1 tbsp cooking oil
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp huatiao wine
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil in a wok. Fry the dried prawns till slightly browned and fragrant.
- Fry the ginger slices and garlic till fragrant. Add mushrooms and fry for a while more.
- Add fensi gua slices and fry to mix well. Drizzle sauce and mix well. Add water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and let it simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until the melon is cooked to desired softness. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in some cornstarch solution to slightly thicken the sauce.
- Drizzle a dash of sesame oil and transfer to a serving plate and serve warm with rice.