recipe adapted fm
2 pcs of salmon steak
1 tomato - cut into small pieces
1 green bell pepper - cut into small pieces
3 dried red chillies - cut into small pieces
salt and sugar to taste
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp dried prawns
1 small onion
1 tsp belachan
3 dried chillies
1 stalk lemongrass
2 tbsp tamarind paste
1 small bowl of hot water
- Add 1 tbsp of tarmarind paste to a bowl of hot water and soaked for a while. Squeeze the pulp to extract the juice. Drain the pulp and set the juice aside for later use.
- Pound the spice paste with mortar and pestle or grind them in a food processor. Set aside.
- Heat up oil in a pan. Stir in spice mix and fry for 1 to 2 minutes or till fragrant. Add the tamarind juice.
- Reduce heat and add tomato, bell pepper and dried chillies. Cook for 5 minutes before adding the fish.
- Add salt and sugar to taste. Cover and simmer on medium low heat for 7 - 10 mins or until fish is cooked.
- Add lime juice to the dish before serving.