6 pcs of pork ribs
2 small lotus root - peeled and sliced
10 red dates
1 candy date
1 pc of dried squid
2 cloves of garlic
2 slices of ginger
1 cup raw peanuts
3/4 pot of water
salt to taste
- Wash and soak the peanuts for a few hours or overnight.
- Blanch the pork ribs in a pot of boiling water and drain. Add enough water in a pressure cooker. Add in pork ribs and all other ingredients except salt.
- Boil on high heat until pressure in cooker builds up, then switch to medium high heat and boil for another 20 minutes.
- Soup is ready to be served when pressure has gone down and it is safe to open the lid.
- Add salt to taste and serve the soup hot.