2 shallots - minced3 cloves garlic - minced
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp salted yellow bean
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp palm sugar - chopped
1 1/2 lb chicken, chop into bite-sized pcs
3 small potatoes - peeled and cut into bite-sized pcs
salt to taste
- Heat up oil in a pan and slightly brown the chicken pieces. Set aside.
- With the remaning oil, saute the shallots and garlic till fragrant.
- Add dark soy sauce, soy sauce, salted soy bean sauce and palm sugar and stir to mix well.
- Add chicken pieces, potatoes and 1 cup of water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, switch to medium heat and let it simmer for 30 mins or more or till chicken and potatoes are tender.
- Check seasonings and add salt if needed. Serve with rice.