1 small bunch nappa cabbage
2 fresh shitake mushrooms
some fresh black fungus
dried lily bulbs - soaked, drained & knotted
fried beancurd stick - parboiled to soften
dried black moss - soaked & drained
dried vermicelli - soaked & drained
some finely shredded ginger
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
salt to taste
1-2 cups water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat up oil in a large pan. Fry the shredded ginger till lightly browned and aromatic.
- Add mushrooms and black fungus and fry for a minute over medium high heat.
- Add napa cabbage, beancurd stick and dried lily bulbs and fry for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Drizzle soy sauce and oyster sauce and fry to mix well.
- Add vegetable stock or water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add salt, dried vermicelli and black moss and continue to simmer for another 1- 2 minutes..
- Ladle into serving bowls and serve warm with rice.