6 chicken drumsticks - remove skin
1 tbsp soy sauce
3 cloves garlic - minced
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp paprika
pinch of sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp lime/lemon juice
1/3 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp mayonnaise
panko bread crumbs for coating
- Marinate chicken drumsticks with soy sauce, garlic, turmeric powder, sugar, salt, lemon juice and black pepper for 2 hours or more.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In the meantime, add the mayonnaise to coat the drumsticks evenly and leave to marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Pour panko onto a large plate. Place the drumsticks onto the plate and coat them evenly on all sides..
- Place the coated drumsticks onto a large trivet in a baking tray lined with aluminium foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until drumsticks are crispy but not burnt.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.