1/2 pumpkin - remove outer skin and seeds and cut into slices
1/2 white onion - peeled and sliced
1 cup vegetable stock/water
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of cinnamon powder
toasted pine nuts
few tbsp half and half
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat up oil in a pan. Saute the onion till fragrant. Add 1 tbsp butter and melt it. Add pumpkin and fry for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable stock and cover. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or till ingredients are softened
- Transfer to a blender and puree the soup till it is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the pureed soup back into the pan and stir half and half into it. Add salt and cinnamon powder to taste.
- Ladle into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and top with toasted pine nuts.
- Serve warm.