200g pumpkin - peeled, sliced thinly, steamed and mashed
200 to 300g glutinous rice flour - estimated
sweetened red bean paste
- Steam the pumpkin till cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
- When the cooked pumpkin is slightly cooled, knead in glutinous rice flour till the dough becomes pliable and does not stick to your hands. Add the flour in parts so that you can gauge if it is enough to make the dough.
- Divide the dough into pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and flatten each piece of dough into a small circle.
- Place 1 tbsp of red bean paste onto the centre and seal it properly and roll it into a round shape and lightly flatten each ball.
- Heat up oil in a non-stick pan. Pan fry on one side till lightly browned. While frying, sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Flip over and pan fry the other side coated with the sesame seeds for a few minutes.
- Remove from wok and serve warm.