few slices of ginger - julienned
2 cloves garlic - lightly smashed
1 tbsp preserved radish
1 cup rice grain - washed
5 cups of water or more
Marinade for fish1 tbsp rice wine
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
fried shallot oil
- Marinate the fish for 30 minutes or more.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add rice, ginger, garlic and preserved radish and bring to a boil again.
- Continue to simmer under low heat for 45 minutes or more, stirring occasionally to prevent the bottom from getting burnt. Add more water as necessary.
- Add fish slices and turn heat to medium high.
- Cook till the fish slices turn opaque or just cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add toppings and serve warm.