Ingredients12 pieces of tofu puff (tau pok) - parboiled in boiling water and drain
200g pork belly - cut into pieces
2 eggs (cooked and peeled)
2 slices ginger
2 cloves garlic - lightly smashed
1 tbsp rice wine
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sweet thick soy sauce
pinch of sugar
salt to taste
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 small piece cinnamon
1 star anise
2 pieces chuang xiong
- Heat up oil in a wok. Saute ginger and garlic till lightly aromatic. Add pork belly and stir fry for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add rice wine, soy sauce, dark soy sauce and do a quick stir fry.
- Add water, sweet thick soy sauce, sugar and all the spices. Bring to a boil.
- Continue to simmer under low heat for about 20 to 30 minutes or until pork belly is slightly tender.
- Add tau pok and eggs and continue to simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Check seasonings and add salt to taste.
- Serve warm.