Ingredients8 chicken drumsticks (washed and patted dry, make a few slits on the thickest part)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sake
1 tsp grated ginger
- Add brown sugar and soy sauce into a small pot and bring to a boil. When it starts to boil, reduce heat to low and stir to melt the sugar. Remove from heat. Add sake and grated ginger and combine well. Let the marinade cool to room temperature.
- Rub marinade over the chicken drumsticks to ensure they are evenly coated. Place drumsticks in fridge for a few hours or preferably overnight.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees F and place a wire rack on top of the grill. Brush some oil onto the wire rack.
- When grill is heated, place drumsticks on the rack and cover.
- Reduce heat to the lowest temperature and grill for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover, brush with some marinade and flip over to the other side.
- Cover and grill for another 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F.
- Remove from grill and enjoy the sake-lent, moist and tender chicken drumsticks.