recipe adapted from Quaker OatsMakes about 15 - 20 pcs
1/4 pound (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1/2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in oats and raisins and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased pan or cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on tray, then remove to wire rack.
- Enjoy the freshly baked cookies.