Ingredients(for 2 pax)
fresh yellow noodles (i use sphaghetti)
1 small bunch beansprouts (i omitted this)
1 large pc chicken breast (bone-in)
1/2 onion (peeled)
1 small pc ginger (peeled)
2 cloves garlic (peeled)
1 stalk lemongrass (white part only, bruised)
1 small pc galangal (sliced, bruised)
1 small pc cinnamon stick
1 star anise
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 cardamom (1 omitted this)
1 pot chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste
few stalks of parsley (chopped)
1 green chilli (sliced)
fried shallot oil
1 tbsp cooking oil
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the noodles. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up the pot of chicken stock and bring it to a boil.
- Chop onion, ginger and garlic finely and pound them into a paste.
- Heat up oil in a pan and fry the paste till fragrant. Add lemongrass, galangal, cinnamon stick, cloves, star anise and turmeric powder and fry on medium low heat for about a minute.
- Add the fried ingredients and chicken into the pot of boiling stock. Lower heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove chicken breast from stock and shred them. Set aside.
- Use a slotted ladle to remove all the ingredients in the chicken stock. Add cooked noodles into the stock and bring to a boil again.
- Ladle the noodles and stock into 2 bowls. Add shredded chicken, chopped parsley, sliced green chill and fried shallot.
- Drizzle shallot oil and serve hot.