1 lb small pork spare ribs
1 tbsp shaoxing wine
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
3 cloves garlic - chopped
1 bird's eye chilli - cut into small pieces
1 tbsp fermented black beans - rinsed twice, soaked for 15 mins, drained and lightly mashed
1 stalk green onion for garnish (finely chopped)
- Marinate the pork ribs with wine, soy sauce, dark soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Set aside for 30 minutes. Add fermented black beans, chopped garlic and chili and mix well.
- Place a trivet in a wok. Boil water on high.
- When water is boiling, put the pork ribs into the wok, cover and steam for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve with rice.